Please visit my sites Queer Music Heritage and OutRadio

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Bradley Manning, the Song




When I was on vacation to San Francisco in June of course I made a pilgrimage to Amoeba Records, a huge over-whelming experience. One 45 rpm record that caught my attention was called “Bradley Manning.” Now, of course I recognized the name, that of the gay Army soldier and whistle blower/traitor/victim/hero (your call) behind passing classified material on the Afghan War to the WikiLeaks website. But I had not heard that a song was recorded about him, by indy artist Cass McCombs.



And not only a song but McCombs released a video of it, garnering a story by NPR.


Towards the end of my stay I watched the SF Pride Parade and noticed a sizeable contingent called “Free Bradley Manning.” His saga is still unfolding.



Below, post card insert with the 45

No comments:

Post a Comment