Please visit my sites Queer Music Heritage and OutRadio

Friday, December 27, 2013

Paul Jabara and Friends, Part 2 (and that includes Whitney Houston)


I did a blog entry in June of 2012 on Paul Jabara, a songwriter and producer genius who died way too soon (in 1992) and gave us monster hits by Donna Summer, Barbra Streisand, The Weather Girls and others, winning a slew of awards, including an Oscar and Grammy. 


When I did the blog I was missing the album shown above, which usually goes for, I think, outrageous prices. But I just found a copy on eBay for a bargain and grabbed it. Of course I already had the huge hit "It's Raining Men," but the 1983 album also includes a rather unknown track by the soon-to-be superstar Whitney Houston. You can hear her contribution to the LP, "Eternal Love," below.



But I love to give as much info as I can, so here's the back of the LP.


And the LP labels.....


The LP jacket and disc does not do a good job at identifying the vocalists, so I'll do it:

Bad Habits - Paul Jabara
Ladies Hot Line - Weather Girls
Hurricane Joe - Leata Galloway
It's Raining Men - Weather Girls
Eternal Love - Whitney Houston & Paul Jabara
What's Become of Love - Leata Galloway
Hope - Weather Girls


And, as you've been patient enough to read this far, you can listen to the entire album at the link.






No comments:

Post a Comment