Please visit my sites Queer Music Heritage and OutRadio

Saturday, February 14, 2015

"Mad About the Boy"....Who Is Singing This Version???


I adore the Noel Coward song "Mad About the Boy," and over the years have collected many, many versions of it. But I have one that's a mystery to me, and I need help!

Years ago I acquired a mp3 of a Very camp version, sung by a man, and it was identified as sung by Yul Brynner, from the 1969 film "Magic Christian." Well, I just realized that's not correct, by comparing it to a Youtube clip from the film. It's not the same voice at all. So that leaves me with not knowing who is singing the version I have...that sort of thing drives a collector crazy (not a long drive in my case).

Can someone please tell me who is singing this, and any other info about it (year, etc) would be helpful. Thanks!


I am including the song on my March Queer Music Heritage radio show on "Camp Music" and would really love to be able to identify the singer.




1 comment:

  1. Well, if it isn't the seminal Camp Records version (by "The Boy and the Gentle-Men"), nor the Gene Howard version, then I am stumped!

    Good luck with your research...

    Jx

    ReplyDelete