Please visit my sites Queer Music Heritage and OutRadio

Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Montrose Men, a 1979 Houston Singing Act


The Montrose Men were a short-lived local Houston group, and at least on this rare recording they were Very influenced by The Village People and the disco sounds of the day. Below are every mention of them from the publication This Week in Texas (TWT), spanning 9/21/79 to 3/21/80. The flip side was an instrumental version. You can't get much more "gay Houston" than this 45.

Listen




Members were: Bo, Calvin, Charles and Greg
I've not seen any mention of last names, if you can provide
them, or any additional information, photos or clippings,
please let me know, at jd@qmh101.com








 Members were: Bo, Calvin, Charles and Greg
I've not seen any mention of last names, if you can
provide them please let me know


 It appears at this point Calvin left the group




I believe this is the same "M Richard Askin" who produced the group and wrote their song.


No comments:

Post a Comment