Please visit my sites Queer Music Heritage and OutRadio

Monday, July 23, 2012

Sally Ride


I think we are all sad to hear the news today of the passing of Sally Ride, the first American woman in space. President Obama gave an appropriate announcement: "As the first American woman to travel into space, Sally was a national hero and a powerful role model. She inspired generations of young girls to reach for the stars and later fought tirelessly to help them get there by advocating for a greater focus on science and math in our schools. Sally's life showed us that there are no limits to what we can achieve and I have no doubt that her legacy will endure for years to come." She is survived by her partner of 27 years, Dr. Tam O'Shaughnessy.

I would like to share my own tribute, a musical one of course, recorded in
1983 by one of our Women's Music pioneers, Casse Culver, "Ride, Sally Ride."



No comments:

Post a Comment